Some Thoughts to Ponder...
I read this in Front and Finish (a dog training
It was credited to The Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in
Now I want to share these thoughtful words with
The 10 Commandments – From a Pet’s
- My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will
be painful for me. Remember that before you get me.
- Give me time to understand what you want from me.
- Place your trust in me.
- Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment. You
have your work, entertainment and friends. I only have you.
- Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I
understand your voice.
- Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll never forget it.
- Please don’t hit me. I can’t hit back, but I can bite and scratch
and I really don’t want to do that.
- Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask
yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the
right foods or I’ve been out in the sun too long or my heart is getting old and
- Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow
- Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say “I can’t bear to watch”
or “Let it happen in my absence”. Everything is easier for me if you are
there. Remember, I love you.
Pam Young, LVT
Dog Gone Good LLC
Dog Behavior Consultant
Personal Dog Trainer